This is a part-time, remote position focused on prior art searching to create invalidity claim charts for the software, telecom, networking and semiconductor fields (sorry but no chem/bio/mechanical). We provide production-based compensation with the potential for bonuses while providing the freedom to work when and where you please.
Responsible for finding prior art that invalidates one or more of the claims in an issued patent or pending application and creating a detailed claim chart showing the relevance of the prior art to each limitation in the target claim(s).
- 5+ years of experience with prior art searching
- In-depth understanding of what is considered valid prior art
- Registered Patent Attorney or Registered Patent Agent at the USPTO is a major advantage
- Experience as USPTO Patent Examiner is a major advantage
- Technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent fields
- Self-motivated individual that can hit the ground running
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Proactive Patents provides a unique blend of custom software and technical expertise to maximize the value of our clients’ patent portfolios while reducing unnecessary cost. Our software provides deep claim analysis that is the driving force behind all of our services, which include Portfolio Optimization, Law Firm Performance, Threat Mitigation and Enhanced Patent Preparation/Prosecution.